May is the time of year in which you'll be as busy as a Bumblebee - with the two bank holiday weekends there is no excuse not to be in the garden!
- Now is the recommended time to deadhead those late flowering Daffodils, and Tulips, letting the foliage die back naturally.
- If you're fortunate to have a large Bluebell patch, lift and divide so its beauty can be seen across the garden.
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show will be in full swing this month - it's time to complete the Chelsea chop!
- Spring flowering shrubs can now be pruned back.
Looking Good This Month:
Iris, Campanula, Alcea, Geum, Geranium, Peonies and Rhododendron
- At the moment, the lawn should be mowed every second week however as the weather gets warmer this will become more frequent.
- Perennials which are busy and congested will benefit from being divided.
- As expected, Summer sun and plenty of watering will helps weeds make an appearance - try and keep on top of these before they get out of hand!