June is a beautiful time in the garden, as flowers burst into colour and the days get longer. Now, is the time to spend as much time in your garden as possible. Sit back and enjoy the oasis of calm you have created.
- Deadhead your perennials to encourage a second flush of flowers
- Prune your Pulmonarias and Sedums to stop them getting untidy
- Remove any black spot or rust on rose leaves
- Tie up summer flowering climbers as the. scamble of arches or fences
- Apply a flower feed to your pots. and baskets to encourage more blooms
- Earth up early or mid potatoes
- Pinch out side shoots and feed your tomatoes once the flowers appear
- Now is the time to mow your lawn once a week to promote healthy new growth.
Looking good in your garden
Veronica, Hypericum, Hydrangea, Buddleja, Persicaria, Lavender, Penstemon, Delphiniums, Geranium, Potentilla, Ceanothus, Weigela, Astilbe, and Dianthus
- Water plants early in the morning or later in the evening so the water does not evaporate in the heat.
- Cut the bottom of a plastic bottle, remove the lid, Turn updside down and push into pots or baskets then fiill wtih water and it will drip feed your plants.