April is when gardening gets into full swing - so much happening and so much to do!
- Are you able to mow the lawn yet? It's advised to start mowing at least once a week!
- It would be worthwhile cutting back your Lavender now to ensure fresh growth.
- If you haven't got round to it yet, there is still one last chance to cut those shrubs back!
- April is usually full of wind and rain, don't forget to stake tall flowering perennials so they are not damaged.
- Remember to keep topping up your containers as the weather warms up, the dryer the pots can get!
Looking good in the garden
Geum, Corydalis, Dicentra, Brunnera, Epimedium, Spirea and Amelanchier
There is nothing stopping you from planting those hanging baskets! Summer Bedding is readily available - make a beautiful welcome at the entrance of your home.
- Be careful when tidying hedges, there could be birds nests hidden!
- If you have a slug problem, now is the time to take action!
- It's always surprising how quickly climbers grow, keep an eye on them and encourage them in the right direction before it's too late!